The Newcastle University Student Environment Club is hosting a Q&A style forum aimed at students - Thursday 11 September 5:30pm at the Godfrey Tanner Bar, University of Newcastle.
This is not only an opportunity for us to learn from students but also for students to meet folks from a range of employment backgrounds to find out what it’s like out there in the real world after their studies are completed. There will be representatives with experience in state and local government, private business, consulting, university, NGOs and volunteering on the panel.
A key component of this project is to hear from university students regarding what they hope or expect to learn when studying environment or sustainability focused degrees. As a means of encouraging student input the Newcastle University Student Environment Club (NUSEC) has offered to host a Student Q&A evening next Thursday 11th September, 5:30pm in the Godfrey Tanner Bar.
Panel members include:
- Dr Bonnie McBain - Lecturer in Environmental Management
- Ms Emily Wood - recent graduate working at Conservation Volunteers Australia
- Mr Callaghan Cotter - Program Manager at Hunter Local Land Services
- Dr Graeme Stuart - Convenor, Transition Newcastle
- Ms Heather Stevens - Business Owner and Climate Reality Project Member
Please come along and let your friends know!